Sunday, June 14, 2009

I did it for 10 months... why do I feel guilty?

Every breastfeeding mom might know what I am thinking. I have breast fed 2 babies at the same time for 10 months now. They have just recently started to wean themselves and it is coming to an end, but I am feeling guilty for stopping, like people will be disappointed in me or something. Daniel has never made me feel that way and I know I have done a good job, I just feel like when I stop I will be letting people down, or their expectations of me or something. Maybe because it was that I was so proud that I was STILL breastfeeding after this long and stopping before 1 year would fall short of my initial goal? I don't know why I feel this guilt, but am I crazy?

4 comments:

christina said...

Yes, you are crazy. You can feel GREAT about 10 months.

Anonymous said...

You have surpassed the majority of other breastfeeding mothers. You are a strong, beautiful woman who gave the very best to your two children for almost an entire year of their life. They are blessed to have you for their momma and you should feel ZERO guilt...you have let no one down...

Meredith Gaines said...

YOU ARE NOT CRAZY! You are my hero for breastfeeding twins for ten months are you kidding me! I know what youre saying though. I think every mom probably feels the way you do no matter when they stop. LOVE YOU

Wayside Love said...

Laura I can relate!! I felt the same feelings when I stopped at 8 months! Way to go for making it 10!! I really wanted to go a whole year too, but reality sets in. We put way to much pressure on ourselves... You aren't letting anyone down! If you need some support, let me know!